La Salina

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

gregangsten

La Salina

Post by gregangsten »

It's been a long time since we've made trips down to La Salina. The flying sucks here now so let's go. MLK weekend, for those who actually get a day off, is January 14-16. Nurit and I, along with Ken Manatt and Nina, have rooms reserved at La Fonda. Francisco is also committed. Even if the flying isn't good, it's a great place to hang for a weekend and your wife will even come, so get out your passport and do it. Just a mile or so from the road up to launch.

The "Original" La Fonda https://www.facebook.com/Dmytris-Origin ... 337983612/

Dial 01152.646.155.0872
gregangsten

update

Post by gregangsten »

Danny B. and Gabriella, Jose and Cludy are also in. Looking good.
Susko

Post by Susko »

I am interested in going. Will it be possible to get a glider (and a body) ride? I'm willing to split gas and buy more than my fair share of rounds of beverages. I still need to book a room, but I was going to wait until I see what happens with my ride situation.
gregangsten

Post by gregangsten »

Joe Greblo tells me he and Kris are coming along with some H2s. They'll be at Baja Seasons, another place to stay that is right at the flying site.
Bob Kuczewski

Forecast?

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

This is a great ridge site, and I've enjoyed past trips with SHGA friends at La Salina. :D

However, the forecast for this weekend at Torrey (below) looks petty bad.. Does anyone know if the forecast at La Salina is any better?

If not, is there any consideration of postponement?

Seven day forecast at Torrey:
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wxtabl ... interval=1
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.