Yosemite July 28th and 29th with Andy Beem as monitor

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

beemer

Yosemite July 28th and 29th with Andy Beem as monitor

Post by beemer »

I will be the monitor for Yosemite hang gliding on July 28-29,2018 next month. I'll be heading up on Friday and back to Sylmar on Monday. Looking for a retrieval driver for Saturday and Sunday morning. Should be a fun weekend! This will be my first official weekend as monitor at Yosemite.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

For those who cannot make the scheduled weekends, July 21/22 will are also available. I'll be the Site Monitor that weekend.

There is a chance I could launch people that Friday(20th) and Monday(23rd) as well. You'd need to coordinate with me in advance if you want to do that. 661-965-0493.

I won't be flying myself on Monday, so you'd have to call me after landing so I can inform the Park Service all is well. :-)

Also, you can see who's currently signed up as Monitor (and to fly) at: http://www.yosemitehg.org/calendar

George
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

I'm interested! Noel might be prepared to drive.
hcmom

Post by hcmom »

Ok, looks like Terry and I are going the weekend that Andy is monitor (July 28-29). Since I can't fly there yet (SIGH), I guess I'll drive.
beemer

Post by beemer »

As of Monday July 23,2018 the road to Glacier point is closed until further notice. The Yosemite fire will force the cancellation of hang gliding for this weekend July 28,29, 2018.