Dahlsten Cup & Chili Cook Off - Sept 22nd

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lynn McLaughlin

Dahlsten Cup & Chili Cook Off - Sept 22nd

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Sylmarians and Kagelites,

Time for some fun flying, our annual comp and chili cook off!

Based on the previous years success, Jeff Chipman informs me that we will have the following classes:

Dahlsten Cup (Open) Flex wing gliders only. Pilots compete for the Dahlsten cup, race around predetermined course with lowest overall time winning. Possibly two start times, scoring accomplished by GPS track log. Pilots need the new waypoints that have been updated with altitude and may have been adjusted slightly from previous comps. Pilots should also set their GPS to record/update as quickly as possible.

Sport Class (H3 & P3 pilots) Flexwing and paragliders compete in a race around a predetermined course (shorter than the open class). Idea of the sport class is to expose newer H3 pilots to the element of navigating a course using their GPS. Although topless gliders can enter this class it is normally reserved for kingposted gliders and paragliders.

See the separate forum entry for our Chili Cook off details and rules.
Comments? Questions? Bring them here...
FlyingSquirrel

Can I get more details on the Dahlsten Cup?

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

When does it start and end? When is the best time for spectators to come watch?

Thanks!
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Here's the approximate timeline:
9:30 Setup
10:00 Task committee meeting
10:30 - 12:00 pilot registration
10:30 Pilot meeting
11:00 - 4:00 Drive up, fly, spot-land
1:00 Chili cookoff begins
4:00 BBQ
5:30 Awards

I suggest the best time for visitors would be any time after 12:30pm (so they can participate in the Chili judging and watch early landings). Depending on weather, the majority of pilots begin landing around 3pm.