5030/6030 Flytech advanced class Saturday April 18th

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

BudRob

5030/6030 Flytech advanced class Saturday April 18th

Post by BudRob »

As promised, there will be a Flytec instrument training class next Saturday. This class is a follow up to the "introduction to the 5030/6030" class given a few months ago. The class will begin in our LZ at 9:00 AM.

The 5030/6030 instruments have many "user fields" and permanent displays that provide the information needed during competitions. This is where the focus of the class will be, as well as answering any follow up questions from the first class.

Jeff Chipman will be assisting me during this class. As our local programming expert, he can answer all computer/instrument programming issues related to competition. And as an experienced comp pilot himself, he will be a second resource for all other information presented during the class.

I will write an outline in the next day or two list all the comp related user fields that we will be discussing, for those who want to take a look at their manuals before attending. Watch for that outline here.
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Rob,

Thanks for posting this clinic announcement. I know several pilots got a lot out of your intro class and this one promises to be just as valuable. FYI, I have a 5030 available if you want to have it on hand that day.

Lynn
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Sorry for the late posting. Here is an outline of what will be discussed:

Flytec 5030/6030
This class is designed to educate pilots new on the use of the Flytec instrument during competition. The following information will be presented:
o Start circles – Entrance and exit starts and how they work.
o Start clock - How to use it and how to anticipate when to fly toward the start circle. We will be discussing 2 optional user fields that can guide you to the start circle within seconds after the start clock has begun.
o Best glide speeds - McCready theory speed to fly (faster than best glide). How to use it and when not to.
o Distance to cylinder – this is another optional user field that shows exactly where to make the turn at each waypoint.
o Best glide projection to goal - this is an optional user field that shows when you have attained enough altitude to make goal, projecting your glide through remaining waypoints.
o Programming waypoints and competition routes – how to program the instrument to direct you around the “task� and how to interpret what the display is telling you. There will also be a brief discussion of the use of “optimized� routes.
Jeff Chipman will be assisting with this class and he and others may have additional information to add. Otherwise this is a whole lot less information than was presented during the first class on “basic� instrument use. But some of these points may be discussed at some length.