Does anyone want to share a ride to La Salina?

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Susko

Does anyone want to share a ride to La Salina?

Post by Susko »

I plan on going to La Salina next week but as of now, I'm going alone. I can take my vehicle, it's low mileage (reasonably reliable) and paid for (I don't mind taking it across the border). I live in Bakersfield, so picking up anyone in the LA area shouldn't be out of my way. My vehicle can accomodate two pilots and a driver comfortably. I have no driver at this point but that's not that big of a deal in La Salina, since hiking up takes twenty minutes and usually we can work something out with other vehicles.

I'm willing to share a room at Baja Seasons (their rooms have two queens) but I suppose I could be talked into camping.

Currently, I would like to leave early enough Friday morning to get a flight in but I don't know at this time if I can take a day off from work on Friday. I intend to fly Sunday, so it would probably be a late return Sunday night with the border crossing traffic.

If interested, respond to this post or look me up in the club directory

-Dave Susko
Susko

Post by Susko »

Nevermind ----

Based on the ugly forecast:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/warnings.php?wf ... 0STATEMENT

I decided to go to Mammoth this weekend. I'd rather be snowed on while skiing rather than rained on while flying. For those of you who are still going to La Salina, I hope the forecasts are wrong.