Oz Report Editor Swerves Toward California

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

SHGA Communications

Oz Report Editor Swerves Toward California

Post by SHGA Communications »

Controversial Oz Report blogmeister Davis Straub is heading for California looking for good sites to fly. The eccentricities of Straub are widely known and for the most part tolerated, no doubt in exchange for tireless full-time reporting on the sport of hang gliding. A retired technical writer, multiple HG record holder and RV nomad, he lives to fly, bicycle and listen to NPR.

It has always seemed that Davis Straub had something against Southern California--casual references along the way to smog, crowds, freeways, political corruption, water theft, lifestyles.

This hit no tender part until he...forgot to mention Kagel.

Forgot to mention Kagel?

Forgot to mention Kagel, the Hang Gliding Capital of the World?

SHGA Members repond:

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0
Chip
Site Admin

No Issues here1

Post by Chip »

I've got no issue with Davis if he doesn't want to come here and get smoked by the best pilots in the country. Shoot if I were in his shoes I wouldn't want to be shown who was boss of the sky, especially since he might believe it's himself :roll:

But truth be told, it would be nice for him to see the great things all of our previous club members have achieved in effort to keep this place alive. Davis seems one that could truely appreciate the dedication.

His posts on the OZReport seem as if he actually was avoiding Kagel. Funny, he even considered Soboba. You gotta be hard pressed to fly there with a HG if you ask me. Especially since there are sooooo many other better sites. :|