Mentors

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Brad Hall

Mentors

Post by Brad Hall »

To All USHPA members in Region 3,

At the upcoming Board of Directors meeting next week we will be discussing the Mentor program. It is our hope
to implement the program nationwide this year. What the Mentors do is help newer pilots with the help and guidance
needed to advance safely toward their intermediate and advanced ratings. Many students are on their own once
they leave the care of their instructors. The Mentor program will provide a link to up and coming pilots with others
in their community that will help with site introductions, peer reviews, equipment advice, and even the occasional
driver. It is a great way to help our flight community grow and make new and valuable friends. If you, or someone
you fly with, would be a good candidate for this position, please contact me before next Thurs am. I will add your
name to the list of possible Mentors. You can get all the information on the program at ushpa.aero . Click on the
"Learn to Fly " button and scroll down to mentors.
Thanks for your consideration,

Brad Hall
brad.reg3@gmail.com
Bob Kuczewski

Agreed

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

I just wanted to "second" Brad's encouragement of pilot participation in the USHPA Mentor program. This is a good program and it demonstrates what USHPA is doing right. I've been asked (as all Directors have) to bring a list of names to this week's Board meeting, and you're welcome to submit them to any Director (including Brad or myself). My email address is bobkuczewski@gmail.com.

Please take the time to consider participating.

Thanks.
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Brad and Bob, if you look at the thread titled "interested in" we discuss such a program for local high time pilots to help out an H2 such as myself. I have not had a chance to take part in this yet but once I get back to flying hope to. Give the thread a read it has some good ideas in there.

Marc
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

whoops topic is called "IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN" its about 15 or so topics down from this in general discussion. Sorry Bob, dont know how to link to the exact thread.. Hope this helps