August trip to Dinosaur, CO

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Susko

August trip to Dinosaur, CO

Post by Susko »

I'm still going to Hurricane/Cedar City. However, according to Hungary Joe, July is about one month too early to continue on to Dinosaur like I did last year.

Here's the plan: Leave Friday night or Saturday morning and arrive in Dinosaur sometime on Saturday. The drive can be made in one day if we split driving time. (Last year, I made the trip home in one day.) We fly there for about one week and return the following Sunday. If we want a change of pace, we could leave Dinosaur a few days early and hit one of the mountain sites near Salt Lake City, and I mean one of the actual MOUNTAIN sites not Bump (er - I mean) Point of the Mountain.

Hungary Joe advises a group of pilots for safety reasons, (it is very remote). I'm thinking a group of three to eight pilots in one or two vehicles with a driver for each vehicle. We MAY be able to get a driver in Dinosaur or even Vernal, UT (30 minutes from Dinosaur - I know some people there) but we should probably bring drivers to be certain we have them. Maybe we can rotate chase driving duties if push comes to shove.

Any interested pilots or drivers can contact me (I'm in the club directory) or respond to this post.

I'm posting this in a couple of different spots so to get as much exposure as possible.

-Dave Susko