2012 Dahlsten Cup Results

Moderator: Comp Committee

Chip
Site Admin

2012 Dahlsten Cup Results

Post by Chip »

Congrats to all the winners.

Gets easier every year to score this comp. Rob got lucky that I had another program to download his track log since something in his instrument is causing an error in attempting to download via GPSDump. A GREAT reason to DUMP all track logs before a comp. That's what you'll need to do Rob!

Using Naviter SeeYou, I was able to download his track log and then save it to import into FAI's FS scoring program. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to validate the track of the obvious winner. In the end it all worked out.

Phill Bloom was really out in the lead on the first leg and many people on the ground enjoyed the drama that ensued when we saw him denied at the 1500 (but we were all routing for you Phildor). When we saw Phill turn back, our next cheering action went towards Jim Thompson. Jim had a little trouble getting up at locals on the first leg. It was all decided at locals on the first leg. Leading points made it impossible to make up the difference.

Still it was a good race even though the day turned out to be better than we feared as a result of the high clouds.

Shout out to Frank who has been improving every year.

Nice job Adam for nailing the spot, yet again!