25th anniversary MEGA event

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lucky 13

25th anniversary MEGA event

Post by Lucky 13 »

Yes, this year the SHGA turns 25. To celebrate this, we will have an event that encompases the unveiling of the Bill Bennett memorial, the Dahlsten Cup, a chilli cookoff, a bar-b-que, a spot landing contest, a worst landing contest, a hike up and fly down event, an antique glider showcase; bring out yer dead, especially Batso, a display for the local media, a photo montage of pictures from the last quarter of a century, celebrity guest, live condors, etc.
It's a ways away still, but I welcome feedback, especially ideas for the t-shirts. This event will most likely be in mid August. You can leave input here or email me through the website board of directors. I'm Chris Wolters aka Lucky 13 and SHGA Activities Director.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

Note that we might want to make sure it happens after the Worlds in Texas. Or not. Depends on if you want Phill there.... ;-)

Seriously, good luck Phill, and let's have a great party!
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Lucky 13

Post by Lucky 13 »

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to postpone the 25th anniversary untill next year, when the club turns 25. It's just a technicallity. However, the spring air, and the Dahlsten cup will still be big events.